Hot summer days are fast approaching, and that also means lemonade season! But why settle for the classic when you can put a twist on it, like a glass of cool sparkling strawberry lemonade. Sweet and tang, it’s the perfect balance to keep cool this summer. Even better, its super quick to make (hot weather and a cranky long recipe never mix anyways). Here’s how to make your own glass:
- 1 cup carbonated water
- 1 handful of strawberries (6-7)
- 1 lemon
- simple syrup (1 part water 1 part granulated sugar)
- If you’ve been keeping up with my blog, you may have heard of simple syrup from my post on a diy starbucks macchiato. If not, no worries, click here for a link on how to make your very own simple syrup. Essentially, take 1 part sugar, 1 part water, heat on medium heat on a stove top for 2-3 min and stir until the sugar dissolves before removing it off the heat. What you should end up with is a clear syrup like condistency!
- Once you’ve prepared your simple syrup, next stop is your strawberries. Taking a handful of strawberries, use a food processor, or a blender works just as fine, and liquify your strawberries. I personally have a super super old school blender, so I allowed my strawberries to blend on a liquify setting for a good 2-3 minutes. Now this part is super important: use a strainer to remove any seeds, else you’ll end up with a not-so smooth refreshment. Once strained, set aside the mix in a bowl.
- Next, time for the main ingrediant of lemons of course! Most recipes will call for store bought lemon juice, but nothing really beats the taste of the real thing. This is why my recipe calls for good old fashioned hand squeezed lemon juice. Squeeze one lemon into the bowl containing your strawberries, and upon adding yout cooled simple syrup, whisk the entire mix together.
- Allow your lemonade mix to chill in a refridgerator, and serve with sparkling water & ice.
And there you have it! A simple, sweet summer strawberry lemonade refresher! Summer approved by yours truly – S.