It’s easy to lose track of time once school & work are back in session but the moment I see Starbucks has their Christmas special drinks out, you know the holidays are fast approaching. This means it’s time to start considering holiday food, like this delicious bread pudding. I of course couldn’t choose between chocolate chips or raisins, so why not both? Here’s how you can make your own batch:
- 1/2 loaf Italian Bread
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp Pumpkin spice
- 2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup Chocolate chips
- Caramel sauce
- 1 cup Water
- Soak Raisins in water for 20 min
- Meanwhile cube bread and fill a non stick 9 inch cake pan
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs & sugar.
- Add in butter and whisk
- Add in milk and whisk
- Add in pumpkin spice and combine all ingrediants together
- Pour custard mixture over the bread ensuring all of the bread is well soaked and coated.
- Sprinkle raisins and chocolate chips overtop
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour
- Once baked, drizzle with caramel sauce and serve warm. You can also serve this with vanilla icecream!
Approved by yours truly- S.