If you’re a fan of the Starbucks very berry hibiscus refresher, you’re going to love this much cheaper but equally delicious diy version thanks to tazo passion tea! The good thing about this flavor too is it adds a hint of citrus flavor you don’t usually find in the original refresher. Here’s how you can make your own batch:
- 4 packets of Tazo Passion flavored Herbal Tea
- Boiled water
- Simple syrup / sugar
- Frozen mixed berries
- Allow the tea packets to steep for atleast 20 min in boiled hot water
- While the tea steeps you can prepare your simple syrup + icecubes.
- For your simple syrup, remember it’s 1 part water to 1 part sugar nicely boiled and stirred together till a syrup like consistensy. You can catch the recipe for this on my previous DIY starbucks post here.
- For the berry infused iced cubes its super simple: pour a portion of your tea mix into an icetray and top with some frozen berries mixed berries like blueberries and blackberries into each cube. Pop those in the freezer for atleast 3-4 hours. Using the actual tea mix for your icecubes will make sure your drink stays cool and at the same time doesn’t taste diluted as your icecubes melt over time! It also adds that berry flavor we’re looking for since the tea only covers the hibiscus component.
- Pour your steeped tea into a large pitcher and add your simple syrup till well dissolved. Place your iced tea mix into a refrigerator till well chilled (probably about atleast 3 hours to match the timing with your iced cubes) before serving.
And there you have it! Easy, simple, cheap, but amazingly refreshing diy starbucks berry hibiscus iced tea enjoyable all-year round! Trust me, you’ll thank me later. – S
All original very berry hibiscus recipie content belongs to Starbucks.Inc. This post is in no way affiliated with nor sponsored by Starbucks or Tazo.